|Me with 8 blankets I made as Christmas gifts in 2010.|
My husband and I moved to the D.C. area and I spent a year unemployed. There were times I felt a little stir-crazy but I feel grateful that I had the time to explore some of my hobbies. I spent most of 2010 sewing. I have determined that 2011 will be the year I get some scrapbooking done! I already have 6 pages complete!
I am willing to try most crafts at least once. I have sewn, crocheted, knitted, cross-stitched, scrapbooked, painted, and generally re-purposed.
- The first item I crocheted is still in a Wal-Mart bag. I epically failed at it. My "blanket" turned into the equivalent of a Christmas tree skirt. I did however succeed in making a very small, very simple blanket for a friend who lost her baby. I plan to try my hand at it again in the future.
- I'm teaching myself to knit right now. I bought a kit and some yarn to make a scarf. If all goes well I will represent Griffindor proudly by next winter.
- I sew blankets not clothes. If you want clothes, check out http://astitchsublime.blogspot.com/.
- I can cross-stitch but I'm still in my first attempt at creating my own pattern.
- Scrapbooking was my first real hobby and it still holds a special place in my heart. My skills have improved tremendously since I started. I love CTMH products.
- Painting is easy; it just takes courage. If you have the guts to fail, you can paint well. :)
So come along with me. We'll try our hand at a few things. I will try to walk you through the process as I try new ideas and I can't wait to hear what ideas you have for me! Thanks for stopping by!