Friday, August 19, 2011

Carrot Cake

So Bryan's birthday was yesterday. I didn't have the right candles so he turned 30 again. At any rate, he and his beautiful wife Emilie just moved out here from Utah and they aren't quite settled in. So I took on the task of making Bryan's birthday cake. 

When I asked what he wanted he surprised me by saying, "Carrot Cake."
Seriously?
Emilie said, "No one else likes it so this is the only time of year he has it."
Carrot Cake it is. 
But I'm stubborn. I wanted other people to like it. 
I bought a box mix as a back up plan, but then I went to the internet in search of a good recipe. 

I was able to make this beauty thanks to a recipe that I found at Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy.

It was actually a hit. Even I liked it!

I have to tell you that I didn't use raisins. All the people who normally dislike carrot cake were so happy about the missing raisins! I don't like cooked raisins. Stay out of my cookies, cakes, and cinnamon rolls you grody little things! I'll take you straight out of the little red box or not at all!

I wanted to take pictures of the process but I didn't want to stop baking to get a photo op. 
I also didn't want to risk getting my grubby hands on a camera. :)

I actually had fun sending full size carrots through the food processor.  
Chance cut parchment paper for me. He was a huge help. He even did the annoying food processor dishes. 

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Thrifty Thursday! :) This looks amazing...thanks for linking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. carrot cake is my husband's favorite! i think it's a pain though, so i usually only make it once a year :)

    thanks for stopping by and comment on my bathroom cabinet - i really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I'm not really a big fan of carrot cake either but Mike likes it. And this looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished up the last of it last night and it made me sad that there wasn't any more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just a note to let you know that i am featuring your delectable cake on this week's fridays unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...