Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Fresh Start for 2012

Hi All!

So, here we are. It's 2012. I can't believe it. I graduated high school 10 years ago. Really? Sometimes I can't believe it has been that long other times, when I reflect on all that has changed in my life, I can't believe it has only been that long.
My BFF, Lindsey, and I at a football game Senior year
Anyway, next month will mark the one year anniversary of this blog. I'm trying to get excited about the milestone but I am still beating myself up over how neglected this blog was over the last six months. I have struggled with anxiety/depression for a number of years but never more so than the last couple of years. Watching my blogs (this one and my family blog) get completely ignored for six months was the first concrete reminder that my personal struggles with this demon aren't totally behind me.

However, with the dawn of the new year I feel a sense of new beginnings. I have a clean slate. I didn't really make any huge resolutions. You know, the kind that you will inevitably shirk off, struggle with, or fail at? I don't need to disappoint myself. I simply resolved to take care of myself.

For me, taking care of myself means doing things that make me feel good about myself and my life. In that spirit I:

  • Started working out regularly again
  • Went at got a hair cut and color that make me feel pretty. I didn't even wait for a groupon or go to the cheapest place!! I went someplace I really like! 
  • I made another hair appointment for 8 weeks from now. 
  • Didn't work out yesterday and I didn't beat myself up over it.
  • Set a goal for crafting/blogging 
What is that goal you ask? Great question. 
I have complained to you all before, either on here or on our Facebook page, that sometimes I feel like stuff is taking over my apartment. Just stuff! It's everywhere! Obviously, my first instinct is to complain to Chance that we need a bigger apartment, which isn't a lie. However, I had another solution come to mind. 

I am going to make 2012 the year of finishing projects. My goal is to complete crafts, decor, blankets, gifts, etc all with supplies I already own. Clearly, the caveat being that I am allowed to buy various notions as the NEED arises. I hope you all don't judge me by all the crap I have accumulated. :) 

At any rate, I am so grateful that you are still here, still reading, still crafting with me. This world of craft blogs is a big one. I've been overwhelmed by the sheer volume of ideas. (Thank goodness for Pinterest, am I right?) So thanks for choosing to share the journey with me. 

I have some fun stuff coming up.

Tomorrow I am researching Emergency Preparedness. I plan to drop some knowledge on you after that process completes.

Right now, I am logging off to go fabric shopping with a friend. She is pregnant and working to make a baby quilt. Beer me the strength not to buy anything! 

Five points if you get my TV reference. 

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there sweetie. You are wonderful, amazing, strong and beautiful. You can do anything you set your mind to.

    Finish all projects before I buy new stuff for projects? Oh, that would be hard - good luck with that

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing person Jenny! You are an inspiration to many people whether you know it or not.

    P.S.
    That's funny! I just posted a high school photo on my blog too! Whoa!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...