Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Dundies

The Dundies are annual awards presented by Micheal Scott to the employees of Dunder Mifflin on "The Office." 

I was lucky enough to be presented with two awards by the ever fabulous Marie at Educator's Soliloquy. These awards are much less offensive than some of the more popular Dundies. First off,


As a recipient of the Stylish Blogger Award I have been asked to do a couple of things. 
1. I need to tell you 7 random things about myself.
2. I need to give the award to someone else. 

So, in no particular order, 7 random things about the Crafter. 

1. In my family being thrifty/finding a good deal is a sport. This counts for both my family and my husband's family. We have no problem leaving the price tag on a gift if we got it for a steal. It isn't uncommon to hear the sound of tearing wrapping paper then, "Look how much I paid!" This last Christmas I learned that I have infected my husband with this idiosyncrasy too. He bought me the Blu-Ray set of the first 6 Harry Potter movies. After I opened them he said, "You'll never believe how much I spent!" In case you're wondering, the answer is $20!! That's AMAZING!

2. I stopped growing in the 7th grade, so being short has always been a defining characteristic for me. 

Here I am 4 years and 50 lbs ago. At The Price is Right with my man. When I saw this picture I said, "Babe, I'm really short!" He had no idea what to say to that. 

3. I have a penchant for all things English: England, Literature, Accents, Muffins, you name it.

4. I have never been outside the United States. I don't even have a passport! (YET!!)

5. My favorite physical trait has always been my eyes. When other traits have worn away my eyes remain a constant source of compliments. I think that is why my favorite color is blue. My birthstone is a sapphire and I wouldn't have it any other way. It is far and away the best gemstone (after diamonds, of course!).

6. I think my first craft was a construction paper Christmas ornament with glitter. I was really efficient at it and I loved doing it so I made a TON. My mom was a trooper and put every single one on the tree. 

7. I have always had headaches. I started getting them when I was 5. My (very thick) hair was down past my tush and my doctor recommended that we cut it. He speculated that the excess weight was giving me neck problems. He was right, however, I started getting migraines at 12 which was well after we chopped off my hair. I don't remember a time when headaches weren't another defining part of who I am. **Weird side note: I got my first migraine while at a friend's house for a sleepover. We were watching Schindler's List. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again.

Me, my step-brothers, and my crazy long hair the summer of 1995. 

I would like to present the Stylish Blogger Award to Nikki at Thrifty Decorating. She is at 329 visible followers so she doesn't qualify for the next award but I always look forward to her posts.

Marie also bestowed upon me the
This award is meant for blogs with fewer than 300 followers. I have been asked to pass this along to 3 other worthy blogs.

So three of my favorite blogs:

1.Every Day is a Celebration
Kelsey condenses some of the best stuff she finds in blogland. It's truly inspired.

2. Live 2 Craft
Erin and I have been friends since high school. Then we went to college together. Oh then we did our student teaching together. What can I say? The girl has good taste. At any rate, I couldn't live without her tutorials. She is so darned helpful.

3.The Magic of Ordinary Things
Affectionately dubbed TMOOT, this blog has it all. I actually found her because Krystal at Sassy Sanctuary designed her blog. When I was trying to decide if I should take the plunge I stumbled upon TMOOT and I haven't looked back!

Marie, thank you so much for thinking of me when it came to these awards. I couldn't be more flattered.

I hope the blogs I have chosen are as helpful to you as they are to me. If you have been featured here on A4C, whether in this post or a prior post, feel free to take a button!

4 comments:

  1. Jenny - thank you so much for the award! I am so glad that you find my blog inspiring. You made my day :)

    -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, thank you for the award. What a wonderful Birthday Present!!

    Kristol
    tMoOT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award! I sometimes feel like no one cares about my little crafting tips. This means so, so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, if only I had a blog, I could have a award. Oh, woe is me.

    but....proud of you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...