Friday, March 25, 2011

In the Works

Well friends, I feel like I haven't posted in a while. I was on a roll with St. Patrick's Day Decor and now I have hit a patch where I have new projects coming up, but nothing quite done. So here's a little sneak peak at my upcoming projects:

End Table/Magazine Rack:

I bought this little beauty at the Goodwill for $15. I plan to try my hand at repairing and refinishing wood. I'm excited because if it turns out well, it will serve a great purpose in our living room. If not, I will have hopefully learned some valuable lessons in the process. Either way, you'll hear about it!

Metal Refinishing:
So I found this great spray primer at Wal-Mart. It's a Rustoleum primer/top coat specifically for rusty metal. I have a metal shower caddy and a toothbrush holder that are both rusting. It is SO annoying. When you manufacture a shower caddy you should assume that it could, possibly, get wet. Anyway...I bought the primer and a can of Oil-Rubbed Bronze (You bloggers know the famous ORB!). Again, I have never attempted to make rusty metal look like new. Could be an adventure.

Random Piece of Wood




Seriously. I live in an apartment complex, and I could see this piece of wood from my kitchen window. It sat in the grass for over a month before I finally went and snagged it up. It even has pretty beveled edges. I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike. You should have seen the look on my husband's face when I told him I brought in a  random piece of wood from outside. Classic.

Other:
I'm preparing to throw a baby shower next month and I got all my inspiration for the decor/theme from a gift bag I saw at Target. I can't wait to tell you about all my ideas!

As always, I have a couple of sewing projects on the docket. My SIL is pregnant and due in June. So I'm making one of my famous rag quilts.

I just got a Joann's coupon for 25% off my total purchase. Yeah, nuts I know! But Maybe I should stay away from craft/fabric stores until some (or at least one?) of these projects are complete. Yeah, right. Even if I had the will power to stay away TMJ will want to go, and I'm a good friend so I would go with her. It's a sickness people, and this blog replaces a support group.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I like that about a blog being your support group. Totally agree! When Mike was gone I definitely leaned on my blog for emotional support. So strange.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...